28.1. Version 1.x-dev
28.2. Version 1.31
- Modified simplerendering.cgfx to not use structs (feature not yet implemented in IE11)
- Updated TypeScript documentation for 0.9.1
- Remapped semantics for devices with fewer than 16 vertex attributes
- Updated gamepad detection to support latest specification
- Updated fontManager documentation
- Minor fix to subtitles sample
- Correction of various tslint errors
- Fixed an issue in the SoundDevice when gain was ignored on a source before playing
- Updated AssetCache to version 2:
- Includes a new ‘get’ function
- Modified ‘request’ behavior to include a callback
- Improved speed and memory allocations
- Improved handling of the case where assets are forced out during loading
- Fixed WebGL extension checking to avoid warnings in Firefox
- Fixed mipmap initialization and debug checking
- Fixed fontmanager mipmaps enabled by default
- Fixed wireframe drawing of triangle strips
- Fixed mime-type for mp3 files in SoundDevice
- SoundDevice improvements for playing/stoping sources
- Added node pool and extents to reduce number of ArrayBuffers in AABBTree
- Various memory saving optimizations for scenes, sounds, physics, forward rendering
- Enabled tslint and fixed basic errors on tslib
- TypeScript files can now be linted by using the command:
python manage.py check-ts path/to/file.ts
- Fixed node extents update when removing its last renderable or its last light.
- Added support for building tools with Visual Studio 2013
- Line spacing support in FontManager
28.3. Version 1.3
- Added subtitles sample:
- Demonstrates the creation of subtitles from multiple languages
- Example shows English and Japanese variants
- Added support for 8bit font rendering in font.cgfx
- Added FontManager support for multiple pages:
- New properties linesWidth and glyphCounts added to the object returned by fontManager.calculateTextDimensions
- Added argument dimensions to font.calculateTextDimensions
- Replaced generateTextVertices function by generatePageTextVertices, now with page
- Added argument pageIdx to font.drawTextVertices
- Added argument dimensions to font.drawTextRect
- Modified FontManager to use tri-strip instead of fan for single characters. Temporary fix for IE11.
- PhysicsManager optimisations
- Update protolib library (version 0.2.1):
- Corrected 2D text rendering order
- Added additional advanced callbacks/modified call back behavior
- Fixed an issue in draw2D where sprites were incorrectly scaled around the origin
- Added debug assertion for draw2D when npot textures are used with mipmaps not supported
- Fixed missing copyright comments
- Add viewBox transforms to svg implementation
- Fixed the handling of gamesession create to treat 404s as if services are unavailable
- Request handler now retries if 504 responses are encountered instead of failing immediately
- Improved handling of non-JSON responses to API requests
- Added support for tar files to deps.yaml and build process
- General improvements to the soundDevice for stability and the process of incorrectly loaded files
- Performance improvements to asset loading, especially for large files
- Work-around fixes to support IE11 for incomplete WebGL specification
- New feature: GPU-based particle system for high-performance particles simulated on the graphics card
- High level particle system API for managing the creation and destruction of particles systems from particle archetypes
- Low level particle system API for controlling the updating of the particles on the GPU
- Plug-in architecture allowing high level of customization to the particle simulation
- A sample demonstrating the features of the GPU particle system
- Comprehensive documentation explaining the API and architecture including diagrams
- Various documentation corrections
- Added support to the Camera for specifying the near/far plane to getFrustumFarPoints, getFrustumPoints, getFrustumExtents query
- Payment support for iOS/Android
- Fix for jointMax being infinity in Physics2D Debug Draw
- Updated device_initialization to output to console for fullscreen apps
- Exposed the ability for the Graphics Device to be created with disabled stencil and depth buffers
- Fixed an animation issue in addTime() for animations with zero length
- Fixed an processing issue for cubemaps with a single mipmap level
- Added scene extents to the viewer scene metrics
- Improvements to fullscreen implementation (also supports IE11)
- Improvements to DDS loader image processing
- Removed usage of deprecated event property “event.keyLocation” in the Input Device
- Added check when using Workers for processing DDS textures on unsupported platforms
- Added support for proposed canvas API resetTransform to canvas.js
- Updated documentation about developer clients
- Deprecated the plugin-debug build. Sample apps no longer ship in this configuration.
- Fixed tools build under clang 3.3
- Changed default materialColor and uvTransform setting behaviour in the renderers to set on the sharedMaterial
instead of each renderable
28.4. Version 1.2
- Fixed animation NodeTransformControllers which would not bind to multiple root nodes in a scene.
- Added method Material.clone.
- Added default effect callbacks for all the renderers:
- Added VERTEX_SHADER_PRECISION and FRAGMENT_SHADER_PRECISION to GraphicsDevice.maxSupported.
- Added utility function PhysicsManager.addNode.
- Fixed CanvasContext.fillText to support scale and rotation transforms.
- Updated all Python code to comply with a Pylint 1.0.0 based on updated .pylintrc file.
- Upgraded to TypeScript 0.9.1 compiler for all engine, sample and
application builds. See http://www.typescriptlang.org/ for
information about breaking changes from 0.8.x.
- Added alpha channel support when creating the GraphicsDevice.
- Added TEXTURE_UNITS and VERTEX_TEXTURE_UNITS to GraphicsDevice.maxSupported.
- Added experimental header and footer code required to run .canvas.js
builds under ejecta.js. See scripts directory.
- Updated hub documentation relating to changes in metrics display. See the Hub user guide metrics section for
details of changes.
- Fixed background sound source bug in Protolib.
- Added a setProgress method to the LoadingScreen object.
- Added id property to Texture, VertexBuffer, IndexBuffer, RenderBuffer, RenderTarget, Shader, and Technique objects.
- Canvas 2D API no longer requires a MathDevice object.
- When setting a negative or invalid score the leaderboard manager will now raise an error.
- Added getTime method to TurbulenzEngine.
- Added a getMetrics method on the scene when scenedebugging is enabled, and show metrics in the viewer.
- Fixed wireframe rendering issues in scenedebugging, adds support for non-indexed geometries sharing buffers.
- Fix for removal of playbackRate property in Firefox 22.
- Updates and optimizations to cgfx2json shader compilation.
- Enable support for pointer lock outside of fullscreen mode in Firefox 22 and higher.
- Added new copyFiltered post effect to PostEffects.
- Respect the requested version of typescript when setting up the env to avoid failures with new releases.
- Enable deferred rendering sample for canvas builds when extensions are supported.
- Added support for WEBGL_draw_buffers or EXT_draw_buffers extensions.
- Added sphere loading to load_model sample.
- Fixed dependencies link in README.rst.
- Various minor updates shadowmapping.
- Added NodeJS script to allow exportevents tool to work with open source engine releases.
- Added compilers check to ‘env’ command. Should warn if correct compilers can’t be found.
- Fix for unnecessary NvTriStrip build argument
28.5. Version 1.1
- Update protolib library (version 0.2.0):
- Added version number field.
- Added horizontalAlign, verticalAlign properties to drawText.
- Depricated alignment property of drawText and textAlignment enum.
- Added setPostRendererDraw function for rendering after the scene rendering.
- Added Data Shares - shared public key-value stores which allow games to share data with other users.
- Added Notifications - send instant to other users or delayed notifications to the current user.
- Added Tic-tac-toe app - An app showing how to use the Data Share and Notification API’s with a simple game.
- Update protolib library and add two apps ‘protolibsampleapp’ and ‘protolibtemplateapp’ (version 0.1.1)
- Added a ‘warn’ function to the protolib.utils for warnings.
- Add a ‘time’ property with app timers calculating current, previous, delta and maxDeltaTime times per frame.
- endFrame, returns the result of graphicsDevice.endFrame.
- Made naming conventions more explicit md -> mathDevice.
- Loading now waits for essential assets to load.
- Warning if minimum asset requirement is not met.
- Simplesprite now preloads the shader.
- Added loading screen with asset tracker for the assets loaded at the start of the game.
- Params is now available via globals.config.
- Added setPostDraw function for rendering after protolib, but before graphicsDevice.endFrame
- Fix for the default assetPrefix value in the mapping settings.
- Fix for opensans not being specified as the default font.
- Fix for materialColor incorrectly set in plugin.
- Fixed check for devices destroy function before calling.
- Fix: Removed maxDistance = Infinity for sounds, that caused no sound on Firefox.
- Fix: jQuery,extend undefined reference that caused exception on certain configurations.
- Updated the buildassets tool to support parallel builds
- Added support for batched submission of custom events, this allows for many custom events to be sent
with less HTTP request overhead
- Added Visual Studio 2010 and 2012 projects for the tools
- Added NvTriStrip as a submodule. This is built with the manage.py tools command and is used by dae2json
to generate optimized tristripped output assets
28.6. Version 1.0
- Changes for first open source release